[Thanks to Frances Ruth Elkins Owenby for transcribing and providing this text along with the copy of the original handwritten document. She has retained the original spelling and punctuation, subject to judgments about the intention of the handwriting. Links to other pages in the website have been added where appropriate.]
[Found in Book 1 of Piney Mountain Church records.....]
Then went into an election for pastor which resulted in the Election Rev. W. T. Bradley. G. L. Farmer was Elected Church Clerk By Motion Adjourned W.T.Bradley, Mod. W. J. Beachboard Church Clerk Protem.
Tom Kess was the carpenter who did the carpenter work on the building of Piney Mtn Church.
The lumber was sawed by Mr John Keith who had a sawmill on Morgan Branch. and they met in the vacant house of Uncle Marion Stockton's on the branch below the road now. (This 1975) before the church house was built. [Don't know who put the ( ) in this, but must have been added later.]
Col. W. L. Lowery gave the church its name Piney Mountain because of the beautiful pine trees around the place.
In the 1920's when the front Sunday school rooms were built Uncle Lewis Allman gave the trees to be sawed for the lumber and Uncle Jim Buckner sawed them into the lumber and Mr. Elbert Chandler was the carpenter the men helping.